Sales/Brokerage: Auto, Bikes, Marine and Appraisal Services / Deminished Value Reports / Pre-purchase Inspections
Projectsgonebad Rare Cars/Parts
Thank You to our sponsers:
Nostalgic Radio and CarsTM 2014
"THE MOST FASCINATING AND LEGENDARY NAMES IN MOTORSPORTS"
Tuesdays 7-8PM (EST.) on WTAN-AM 1340 Clearwater/St. Petersburg, WDCF-AM 1350 Dade City, WZHR-AM 1400 Zephyrhills, Florida. Join us for some Classic Rock and some captivating conversations with our interesting and legendary guests about cars, boats and motorcycles. Topics cover collector car shows, concours, auctions, vintage and professional motorsports racing events as well as swap meets. Some of our guests have been Carroll Shelby, Jay Leno, Ted Nugent, Gregg Rolie, Nick Mason, Dave Jenkins, Hulk Hogan, Larry The Cable Guy, Adam Carolla, Tanner Foust, Adam Ferrara, Roger Penske, Mario Andretti, Stirling Moss, Bobby Rahal, Dan Gurney, Parnelli Jones, Peter Brock, Don Garlits, Shirley Muldowney, Danny "The Count" Koker, Barry Meguiar, George Barris and Wayne Carini to name a few. Want to win a prize on Nostalgic Radio and Cars? Listen and be the 9th caller on select shows to WIN! CALL 1-866-826-1340 during the show. To listen to ALL of our Past Shows Click on "Podcast Archive" at the top of this page. LISTEN TO A SHOW NOW!
Duration: 59:16 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Your Show host Robert and alumni guest Alan. Alan and Robert commemorate a tribute show to Robert Aldridge, aka "Tweety" the factory team race car painter and fabricator for Shelby American. Along with Robert and Alan were interviews with original former Shelby American emplyees. First Bernie Kretchmar, builder, fabricator and crew member for the Shelby GT 350 racing Mustangs. Next was Chuck Cantwell, Project manager for the entire Shelby GT 350 program and Jerry Schrartz, crew chief for the Shelby GT 350 Trans-Am Mustangs.
Duration: 59:57 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Your show host Robert and special guest Andy Powell. Andy is the legendary guitarist, singer, song writer and one of the founding members for the notorious 70's rock band "Wishbone Ash". Andy is said to be of the most skilled rock guitarist of the last half century. Early on in the 70's, Wishbone Ash pioneered a twin-lead style of guitar playing that soon became a trend among many southern rock and progressive rock bands. With over 25 albums to their credit, their music consisted of mostly a jaming style with strong technical and intrumental songs blending rock, jazz, blues and soul, (pre-progressive rock era). Five decades later, Andy is still passionately committed on refining and carrying on the legacy of Wishbone Ash. He continues writing producing and touring with the band. Wishbone Ash has just kicked off their 2014 tour on April 15 here in southern Florida, the begining of a 10 month world tour promoting their latest album "Blue Horizon".
Duration: 59:44 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Your show host Robert and special guest Bill Adam. Bill is a legendary Trans-Am and IMSA race car driver. Scottish born and a Canadian native, he grew up influenced by Scottish race car driver Jimmy Clark. Bill satrted his racing career in 1971. His first race car was purchased for a mere $2,300. He campaigned for a year or so and sold it for $2,900. Back then it was just another used race car, later it was discovered that it was #001, the 1963 Penske Grand Sport Corvette. His second race car was a former Greenwood prepared C3 Corvette, which he drove to win the Canadian National Championship. His smooth and consistent driving practices earned him rides with Bob Tulius and the Group 44 Triumphs and Jaguars, Porsche and Audi. He is also an inductee in the Candian Motorsport Hall of Fame. Bill is also a motorsports analyst commentator for various news networks such as ESPN, Speed, ABC, CBS and CTV. Bill is a spokesperson for companies like Michelin, Audi and Yamaha to name a few. Bill still races in numerous vintage series events and is also an instructor at the Derek Bell Porsche Driving School. He is currently the president of SAMA (Southern Automotive Media Association).
Duration: 60:55 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert and special guests Bob Long & Barbara Terry. Bob is an automotive journalist and radio show host. Formerly with Motor Trend, he then embarked on his own in the fields of freelance writing for national publications and radio broadcasting. He currently hosts "Autoworld Radio", a syndicated radio show about cars and automotive personalities.
Barbara is an automotive expert and spokesperson for many national companies like Ford, Volkswagen, Goodyear, Penzoil, and Shell Oil to name a few. Barbara has hosted numerous TV and Radio shows. She recently launched a media and publishing company called "Waldorf Press" and has pubished several books by well known automotive professionals. Barbara also campaigns her own off road racing team, "Barbara Terry Racing", where she and her team actively race across the southern California desert.
Duration: 57:22 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Your show host Robert and special guest Gregg Rolie. Gregg is the legendary keyboardist, singer, songwriter and one of the founding members of two lengendary 60's - 70's bands, "Santana" and "Journey". Gregg's style of music collectively with the rest of the Santana band was a combination of Rock, Blues, Jazz and Latin producing such great hits like "Black Magic Woman" "Evil Ways" and "Soul Sacrifice". In the 80's Gregg embarked on a solo career, then again in the 90's formed the band "Storm". Gregg was inducted into the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" in 1998. Gregg currently tours as the "Gregg Rolie band" with his bandmates around the country performing at major U.S. venues.
Duration: 59:28 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Your show host Robert and special alumni guest Bob Varsha. Bob is the current motorsports host on "Fox Sports". Some of the major events that Bob covers are Sports Car, Indy Car and Moto GP. For more than two decades Bob has provided enthusiasts with some of the best racing commentary. Bob can also be seen on TV enthusiastically hosting all four of the Barrett Jackson Classic Car Auctions around the country. As always, we are proud to have him as guest on our show.
Duration: 61:54 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Your show host Robert and special guest Vic Elford. Vic began his career in racing co-driving and navigating rally cars, eventually working his way into the drivers seat. Over the years Vic rally raced DKW's, Triumph TR4's, Ford Lotus powered Cortina's. In 1966 Vic convinced Porsche to lend him an early 911 to compete in a rally race on the Island of Corsica. The Porsche 911 proved to be a very competetive competion car. The 911 placed 3rd in the Monte Carlo Rally and consistently placed in top contention the rest of the year. In 1967 Vic drove the Porshe 911 to win the "European Rally Championship". Vic drove in F1, however found more success in sportscar racing. In 1969 Vic began racing the infamous and dangerous Porsche 917. With Vics courageous and continuous test driving during the 1970 season, the 917 had been refined to be the most powerful car in its class. Also in 1970 Vic drove the Porsche 917 in the making of the Steve McQueen movie, Le Mans. Vic has also authored two books, one titled "Porsche High-Performance Handbook" and the second, an autobiography entitled "Reflections on a Golden Era in Motorsports".
Duration: 57:31 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Your show host Robert and special guest David Gooding. David is a second generation true car enthusiast. His father was the curator at the famous "Harrah's Automobile Collection" in Reno, Nevada. As a teenager, David learned to drive in a rare 1913 Mercer Raceabout. Growing up, his dad had a 1955 Jaguar 140 roadster, which David often drove to high school and subsequently received as a gift from his Dad. He treasures this car like a priceless family heirloom. Another of one of David's early cars was a 1969 VW Beetle. David's first real experience in the auction world was working at "Christies" auction house establishing their automotive department. David then worked at "RM's" auction company for 3 years before embarking on his own. Gooding and Company celebrated their 10th anniversary last year. Since then, Gooding has established themselves as the premier auction company in the US and is the official auction house of the prestigious "Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance". They have been known to offer some of the rarest, finest and most exquisit automobiles in the world. On march 7th, 2014, they are having their 5th Auction on the grounds of the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort.
Duration: 58:55 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert and special guest Derek Bell. Derek is a well known British race car driver whose career spans nearly four decades. The personable and well liked Bell has won the 24 hours at Lemans 5 times, the Daytona 24 hours endurance race 3 times and the World Sportscar Championship twice. Although Derek has mostly driven in sports and GT cars, early on in his career he drove in Formula 2, 3 and a short stint in F1 for Ferrari. Then in the early 70's Derek began driving for Porsche. Teaming up with seasoned Belgian race car driver Jackie Ickx, the pair went on to become a formidable pair on the GT racing circuit during the 70's and 80's. In 1995, Derek teamed up with his son Justin to compete in the 24 hours at Lemans driving a McLaren M1. After leading for many laps, then suffering mechnical issues, they still managed to place 3rd. Derek spends his time between the USA and the UK and often frequents many races, Concours and charity fundraisers.
Also, Robert discusses the annual south Florida automotive charity event, the "Boca Raton Concours d"Elegance", held in Boca Raton. Now in its eighth season and with thousands of enthusiasts in attendance, some of the finest classic, sports, vintage and race cars are displayed on the grounds of the prestigious Boca Raton Resort Club.
Duration: 59:13 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert and special guest Steve Wolcott. Steve is a member of the board of directors for SEMA. He is the CEO of ProMedia and the co-founder of the NMRA Ford Nationals, the NMCA Muscle Car Nationals and the NMCA West Street Car Nationals. ProMedia also sponsors the NMCA WEST Street Car Series, and Chevy High Performance Nationals. ProMedia produces up to eighteen national motorsport shows each year. With over 100 participating manufacturers, and a large cash jackpot in street-legal drag racing, the NMRA, NMCA, NMCA WEST and CHP Nationals attract the largest number of street car competitors and the most fans! ProMedia events are featured in major automotive publications such as Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords, 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords, Modified Mustangs & Fords, PRI, GM High-Tech Performance, Chevy High Performance, Mopar Muscle, Camaro Performers, Race Pages and Fastest Street Car.
Duration: 57:50 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert and special guests Tom and Bubba Lloyd. Tom and Bubba are a father and son team that have a cool custom car shop called "Bubba's East Coast Rods and Customs" located in Jupiter Florida. Tom and Bubba are also hosts of the reality TV show on Speed Channel called "Hot Rod Reality". Tom and Bubba together design, fabricate and build specialty cars and bikes from mild to wild. Their customers also range from big name celebrities to the average Bob. They've won numerous awards for their creations and are currently working on a new TV series to be aired on Discovery Channel. They are also the organizers of a charity fundraiser in conjunction with legendary actor and movie star Burt Reynolds, to build a new facilty to house the "Burt Reynolds Institute for Film and Theater".
Also on the show was alumni guest Mike Flynn. Mike is the president of Hollywood wheels and co-owner of "Festivals of Speed". Mike was on hand talking about his upcoming events at Amelia Island. This is the first year for his classic car auction "The Amelia Island Select" featuring approximately 125 prime collectible cars and "Festivals of Speed" displaying a spectacular selection contemporary and classic cars, motorcycles and boats.
Duration: 59:47 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert hanging out in the WTAN Studio with local well known Disc Jockey Dr. Chuck Stevens, alumni guest, Alan and special guest Dave Jenkins. Dave is one of the founding members of the popular 70's California Bay Area band "Pablo Cruise" with top 40 songs like "A Place in the Sun" and "Love Will Find Away". Dr. Chuck Stevens actually started at WTAN in the 70's, then went on to WLCY, WHBO, WYUU, WRBQ, WMTX and KRTH in L.A. Chuck is also the originater of the hit radio show "Breakfast With The Beatles". Chuck also entertained the listeners and cast with tales and clips from the old days. Alan joined the show and brought some of his original recording clips and air checks from back in the 70's. Cedric contributed some really funny and well timed sound efects enhancing the show as always.
Duration: 63:20 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Your Show host Robert and special alumni guest Bill Warner. Bill is an avid car collector and the founder of the Amelia Island Concours D'Elegance held annually in north Florida. Bill has been passionate about cars all his life and still owns his original early 1970's Porsche 911S. Bill is also an avid photagrapher and writer for "Road and Track" magazine and contributor to many others. The Amelia Island Concours is a charitable event and over the past 18 years has donated millions of dollars to Hospice of Northeast Florida.
Duration: 61:49 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert and special alumni guest Wayne Carini. Wayne is the host of Velocity Channel's popular TV automotive show,"Chasing Classic Cars". For the past several decades Wayne has operated a successful restoration business based in Portland, Connecticut; F40 Motorsports, appropriately named after the famous late 80's Ferrari model " Tipo F40". Wayne's TV show centers around his treks back and forth across the continent searching for and uncovering very unique collector cars.
Duration: 53:07 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Your show host Robert live in Phoenix Arizona for "Scottsdale Car Week". Robert conducts interviews at Gooding and Company with auctioneer Charlie Ross and automotive specialist Garth Hammers. Charlie started his career in the auction business as a teenager repping chickens, funiture and antiques. Ten years ago, David Gooding of Gooding and Company, recruited Charlie as his main auctioneer. Charlie has a distinct British accent, clever wit and humor with which he charms his audience and bidders into ultimately paying premiums for outstanding examples of the worlds finest and rarest classic cars. Garth's passion for the automobile was heavily influenced by his car collector father. As a child he had the good fortune of riding around in many of his father's classic cars, in particular a rare 300SL Mercedes. Garth is currenty working on a recently re-acquired early big Healey (3000) that was once part of his father's car collection decades earlier.
Duration: 56:42 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert and special guest Arnie "The Farmer" Beswick. Arnie is a well known successful Drag Racer who career spans nearly 6 decades.
Duration: 60:02 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert celebrating New Years with alumni guest Alan, Production Engineer Cedric and NRC Co-Producer Bobby on the Nostalgic Radio and Cars New Year's Special on New Years Day!
Happy New Year!
Duration: 57:45 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert talking about cars, telling some stories and playing some cool old music. Also in the studio is Co-Producer Bobby and studio engineer Cedric celebrating Christmas Day, the 25th of December, 2013..... Nostalgic Radio and Cars Christmas Special.
Duration: 64:27 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert talking about cars, telling some stories and playing some cool old music.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
Duration: 61:48 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 64 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert talking about vintage cars and guitars. Robert is blindsided and infiltrated by fellow WTAN has-been comedian, TV and radio show host "Artie Fletcher" talking about much of nothing as usual. Artie continues baffling and dazzeling the listeners and staff with jokes, insults and funny business. Earlier, NRC radio show fan Junk Mike joined in on the conversation and won a radio give-a-way prize. Another NRC listener, Charlie Biscotti called in to invite us all to his Saturday night Christmas party. Later in the show, WTAN 1340 cronic caller, avid listener, sports geek, and "Know nothing about cars" NRC radio show fan Radio Rob called in and begged for more prizes only to receive his usual heavy dose of verbal abuse and pranks (humm...he is probably still on hold......hee hee hee...Cedi) from Artie and studio engineer Cedric. We all had a good time and a lot of fun!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.