Sales: Auto, Bikes, Marine and Appraisal Services / Deminished Value Reports / Pre-purchase Inspections
Projectsgonebad Rare Cars/Parts
Thank You to our Sponsors:
Nostalgic Radio and Cars™ 2016
"THE MOST FASCINATING AND LEGENDARY NAMES IN MOTORSPORTS"
Tuesdays 7-8PM (EST.) on WTAN-AM 1340 Clearwater/St. Petersburg, WDCF-AM 1350 Dade City, WZHR-AM 1400 Zephyrhills, Florida. Join us for some Classic Rock and some captivating conversations with our interesting and legendary guests about cars, boats and motorcycles. Topics cover collector car shows, concours, auctions, vintage and professional motorsports racing events as well as swap meets. Some of our guests have been Carroll Shelby, Jay Leno, Ted Nugent, Gregg Rolie, Mark Farner, Nick Mason, Dave Jenkins, Hulk Hogan, Larry The Cable Guy, Adam Carolla, Tanner Foust, Adam Ferrara, Roger Penske, Mario Andretti, Stirling Moss, Bobby Rahal, Dan Gurney, Parnelli Jones, Peter Brock, Don Garlits, Shirley Muldowney, Danny "The Count" Koker, Barry Meguiar, George Barris and Wayne Carini to name a few. Want to win a prize on Nostalgic Radio and Cars? Listen and be the 9th caller on select shows to WIN! CALL 1-866-826-1340 during the show. To listen to ALL of our Past Shows Click on "Podcast Archive" at the top of this page. LISTEN TO A SHOW NOW!
Duration: 53:21 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Your show host Robert with special alumni guest Sam Posey.
Duration: 52:22 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Your show host Robert and special guest Gerry Coker. Gerry enjoyed building model cars, ships and planes as a youth. He began his automotive career working as an apprentice draftsman in body egineering for "Routes Group", makers of Humber, Hillman and Sunbeam automobiles. In 1950 he was hired by automotive manufacturer and car racer Donald Healey to work on and refine the existing Nash Healey project. On a trip back from the USA, Donald Healey commissioned Gerry to conceptualize and create an affordable sports car for the British and growing U.S sportscar markets. The goal was to design, build and market a car with the looks, speed and agility of a Jaguar and the affordability of an MG. The result was the sleek, competetive and successful Austin Healey 100/4 roadster sportscar. Gerry also redesigned the body and grille work on the later Austin Healey 100/6 (Mk 3000 series) and sketched and designed the original Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite prototype. Today Gerry occasionally attends British car events around the U.S and Europe.
Duration: 53:59 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert with special guest Bob Tullius. Bob started racing as an amature sports car driver in SCCA in 1963. He polited his Triumph TR3 to many victories and discoved he had a natural talent for driving. He went proffessional and formed the legendary "Group 44" Racing Team. Bob and Group 44 had developed a deep relationship and loyalty with two major brands, British Leyland and Quaker State Motor Oil. His livery reflected that by using green trim to contrast over his bright white racing cars. The Group 44 cars were not always the fastest, but Bob's smooth driving skills and the reliability of his equipment and teamwork resulted in untold podium finishes and championship wins. Coming from a corporate background, he pioneered new marketing techniques in the world of motorsports. Group 44 provided a clean profesional look that generated huge publicity.They developed a unique team look: white with swooping green stripes that were featured on cars, team uniforms and one of the first ever transporters in the motorsports world. This complemented and enhanced their sponsor's marketing efforts. Today Bob is retired, his successful racing career spanned over 25 years. Bob is still very active, spending some of his liesure time flying his planes and tinkering with his car collection. He followas racing closely and attends many events. Group 44 is legendary, all thanks to a collective team effort under the meticulous guidance of Bob, his crew and his sponsors.
Duration: 53:48 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert with special guest Peter Sontag.
Duration: 49:53 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert with special guest Doc Batsleer. Doc is an avid motorcycle collector, more importantly he rides them. Like many of us, Doc started riding bikes as a youth, and eventually migrated to hot rods. Still there was a strong urge to ride and race bikes. Doc stated racing in the early sixties on flat tracks and road courses. Doc bike of choice was the Massachusetts built All American “Indian”. Today Indians make up the bulk of his collection, and there are many. Doc’s wife and daughter also ride and race along with him in the vintage series. Most of Doc’s bike are true survivors and in original condition. Doc and his family proudly compete and display their vintage motorcycles at prestigious events around the country.
Duration: 53:37 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert with special guest Mitch Boehm. Mitch was bitten by the “2-wheel bike bug" when he received his first Schwinn Stingray Fastback for Christmas as a child. It was motorcycles from then on. He raced dirt bikes as a teenager and rode street bike during college. He even road raced bikes. All this passion and experience lead him down the path to be a motorcycle journalist. Mitch wrote for Motorcyclists magazine eventually becoming Editor and Chief, he also worked for Honda USA in the R&D department. Today Mitch writes articles for numerous magazines including his own “MotoRetro Illustrated”, and has embarked on co-writing autobiographies with well-known Motorcycle legends, such as “Malcom Smith”. Mitch often travels the country and cross-promotes bike shows, displaying and riding his own 1972 Kawasaki Z1 (1000, pictured above)
Duration: 53:25 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Your show host Robert and Co-Producer Bobby Celebrate 6 Years on the air!
Duration: 52:13 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 112 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert with special guest Alexis Dejoria. Alexis started her NHRA career in 2005 racing in Super gas. She then raced her way up through the ranks as a successful Super Comp and Top Alcohol Funny Car driver. Within 5 seasons, she is has achieved the status as one of the top women competing in Nitro Funny Car. She also has the distinction of claiming wins in all categories. She currently races a Toyota Camry with the Kalitta Motorsports team under the banner of Patron Tequila. She is also one of the first women to run 1000 ft. in under 4 seconds. Following in the tradition of the legendary Shirley Muldowney, Alexis has numerous “Wally's” (trophies) on her mantel piece.
Duration: 51:54 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 48 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Hurrah!!! We are also celebrating our 300th Show! Your show host Robert with special guest Bernard Juchli. Bernard is the General manager of Jay Leno's "Big Dog Garage". Bernard moved to the United States from Switzerland as a teenager in the 1960s. His past career interests have taken him from downhill skiing in the Swiss Alps to vintage racing in sunny California. After retiring from a successful foreign car repair business, specializing in Jaguars, in the San Francisco Bay Area, Bernard was hired by Jay Leno to manage his private car collection....the rest is history. Bernard maintains and restores some of the most rare and unique cars in the world for Jay's Big Dog Garage. In his spare time he competes in Formula Atlantic open wheel and sidecar racing.
Duration: 53:51 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Your show host Robert with alumni guest Jared Zimmerman. Jared is the co-host of the popular how-to TV show "Car Fix" on Velocity Channel.
Duration: 54:07 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Your show host Robert with special guest Russ Rader. Russ is the communications and media director for the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety was established in 1959 for the purpose of conducting controlled head-on, side and off-set car crash testing to better understand accidents and the impact of injuries and property damage. It is a non-profit organization funded by auto insurers. Their research also yields ratings for consumers on passenger, SUV and truck vehicles as well a child seating and restraints. The IIHS has influenced some of the transportation policies through road design and regulation studies.
Duration: 56:06 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Your show host Robert with special guest Chuck Cantwell. Chuck is best known as the "Father of the Shelby GT 350R".
Duration: 54:05 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert with special alumni guest Wayne Carini. Wayne is the host of the popular hit TV show "Chasing Classic Cars" seen on Velocity Channel.
Also a special return visit with Jim Rowlett, marketing director for the National Streerod Association.
Duration: 56:08 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Your show host Robert and special guest Bob Frey. Bob is a long time color commentator for NHRA and IHRA drag racing events.
Duration: 53:38 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert with special guest Tony Pedregon. Tony is a 2 time NHRA Drag Racing Series Funny Car Champion for southern California.
Also a special visit with Ken Breslauer, communications and media director as well as historian and book author for Sebring International Raceway.
Duration: 57:24 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert with special alumni guest Camee Edlebrock.
Also a special visit with Eric Minoff of Bonhams Auctions.
Duration: 53:50 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 48 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert with special guest Joe Sabatini. Joe is the founder of Festivals of Speed.
Also a visit with Frank Gorman, of Gorman Trucking.
Duration: 51:30 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert with special alumni guest and good friend Bill Warner. Bill is founder and chairman of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, which is held each year at Amelia Island, Florida, now in its 21st year. The Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance is the premier automotive event that features and displays some 250 rare and unique vintage cars and 50 vintage motocycles from around the world. In 2013, the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance won the "Motoring Event of the Year" award. Every winter, thousand of automotive enthusiasts attend the Amelia Island Concours Week to participate in all the motoring events, classic car auctions and car comradery.
Duration: 56:42 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Your show host Robert with special guest Mike Garland. Mike is the Public Relation head for Carlisle Events. It is the home of Carlisle Events and the Carlisle Fairgrounds, the location for the largest car and truck collector events in the country. Events now include Carlisle Import & Performance, Carlisle Ford Nationals, Carlisle GM Nationals, Carlisle Chrysler Nationals, Carlisle Truck Nationals and Corvettes at Carlisle. Carlisle Events introduced itself to the Florida market in 2013, initially hosting events in Zephyrhills. Now with expanding growth in Florida comes a move to Lakeland and a larger facility in the Sun ‘n Fun complex twice a year in the Fall and Winter. Carlisle Events attracts car enthusiasts and families from around the world.
Duration: 55:24 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Your show host Robert with special guest KC Mathieu. KC was the official painter for a number of seasons featured on Discovery Channel's hit TV show "Fast and Loud". KC started out working in his father's body shop, honing his skills as a youth. He painted his first car when he was 12.Today KC has his own shop called KC's Paint Shop and builds a limited number of custom cars for specific customers. He is currently working on his next project to be featured at SEMA in 2016. KC has also been busy producing his own videos on YouTube channel: KC's Paint Shop. KC loves fast vehicles and can often be seen flying around the Texas country roads in his modestly prepared 700hp Ford F100 called "Frankenstein".